Accidents at Work Claims
Accidents at Work Claims
Workplace accidents can and do happen. Injuries of this kind can be traumatic, but we’re here to help you make an accident at work claim and get the compensation you deserve. From road traffic and motorcycle accidents associated with your profession to slip or trip accidents and criminal injuries, our dedicated team of accident at work solicitors will work to develop a strong case and take the stress out of your hands.
Your Right to an Accident at Work Claim
Your employer has a legal responsibility to make sure you’re safe at work. This means they should:
- Provide thorough training and ensure you’ve met all the criteria necessary to carry out the job in hand.
- Provide you with suitable personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Undertake regular risks assessments and act on any hazards identified.
- Manage business activities to minimise risks to your health and safety.
- Provide safe working systems.
- Ensure all machinery is fully inspected and meets regulation standards.
You could be able to make an injury at work claim if you’re hurt as a result of any employer responsibilities not being followed. In some instances, you may also be able to make an accident at work claim if you caused the accident, but it was made worse due to faulty equipment. Claims can get complicated, so the best thing to do is to seek expert advice.
We cover personal injury at work claims of all levels of seriousness and act swiftly to avoid any further complications or trauma.
What Should You Do?
If an accident at work occurs, make sure you record as many details of the incident as possible before they go out of your mind. You must report incidents to your place of work before seeking legal advice. The more details you have, the easier it is for us to build a winning case against your employer. Access to any medical records could strengthen your case significantly.
Accident at Work Claim Experts
Here at Satchell Moran Solicitors Limited, we know that making an accident at work claim against your employer can be daunting. You might be worried about discrimination, job loss and more, but that’s where we can help. Our services are tailored to your needs and designed to offer you the best and most discreet compensation settlement possible. When you work with us, you can expect:
- Access to accident at work solicitors fully clued up with the latest industry laws.
- Advice about seeking medical rehabilitation and treatment.
- Confidential assistance regarding difficult issues such as violent incidents and sexual abuse.
- Dedication and commitment from your very first contact with us.
- An honest and respectful service.
Accident at Work Claim FAQs
How much compensation will I get for an injury at work claim?
This depends on many factors including the seriousness of your case. Our specialists will work with you to get the best outcome possible. If you have a road accident, for example, our solicitors will work hard to cover any immediate financial needs should you be out of work or have medical requirements that are not covered by the NHS. We can also secure compensation for damage to your car, motorbike or bicycle. Further, we will also strive to recover damages for injuries and expenses resulting from your road traffic accident, including:
- Future loss of earnings
- Loss of pension entitlement
- Policy excess and/or the value of your vehicle
- Hire car charges
- Past and future private treatment fees
- Medication costs
- Property damage
- Care costs
- Aids and appliances
- Travel expenses
Is there a time limit to make an injury at work claim?
Yes. The standard time limit is three years from the date you were injured at work. There are some exceptions to this, however. For example, if the person no longer has the mental capacity to make a claim themselves, there’s no time limit. That said, if an accident at work occurred abroad, the time limit might be shorter. Similarly, if an injury was caused by defective work equipment, the time limit could differ too.
Seeking expert help as soon as possible is the best way forward.
What is a ‘no win, no fee’ claim?
A ‘no win, no fee’ claim means there’s nothing to pay upfront and nothing to pay if your claim is unsuccessful. We take on many accidents at work claims this way. Contact us today for expert legal assistance. We’re always happy to help.