INDUSTRIAL DISEASE CLAIMS
INDUSTRIAL DISEASE COMPENSATION CLAIMS
Being diagnosed with an industrial disease can be a difficult time for you and your family, but at Satchell Moran Solicitors, we’re here to get you the compensation you deserve. Our expert team of industrial disease solicitors will advise and support you through the claims process and beyond, so don’t hesitate to get in touch today. All claims are handled with the utmost professionalism.
What is an Industrial Disease?
‘Industrial disease’ is a term used to describe almost any illness or condition caused by your employment. Industrial diseases can take just a few weeks or months to develop, but they can take years and many workers don’t know they’re at risk until it’s too late and the illness is already debilitating or life-threatening. Typically, conditions of this sort are caused by repetitive work patterns, or exposure to toxic/carcinogenic materials. They can also be caused by workplace equipment or a lack of personal protective equipment.
The most common types of industrial disease compensation claims include:
- Asbestos disease – many lung conditions occur as a result of being exposed to asbestos fibres. This includes asbestos-related lung cancer, mesothelioma, pleural thickening and more. Even minor exposure can have fatal consequences that can be truly devastating.
- Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) – this is a collective term used to cover ailments such as vibration white finger (VWF) and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) – doing the same movement over and over again can cause muscular pain as well as pain in your nerves and tendons.
- Hearing loss – exposure to loud noise in the workplace is a leading cause of hearing loss and deafness, especially if the correct personal protective equipment is not provided.
- Skin conditions/occupational dermatitis – this is usually caused by exposure to chemicals.
- Occupational respiratory issues – exposure to dust and irritants can worsen conditions such as asthma or cause long-term issues such as lung cancer.
- Occupational cancer – carcinogenic chemicals can lead to all sorts of different cancers.
Your Right to Claim
Industrial diseases can cause long-term suffering and even death. They can be devastating, particularly if a diagnosis is fatal. You have the right to make an industrial disease compensation claim if someone else’s negligence has resulted in harm and, at Satchell Moran, we’ll ensure you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries. As well as compensation for your pain and suffering, we can also help you get compensation for miscellaneous losses and expenses incurred as a result of your condition.
Please contact a member of our Industrial Disease Department headed by Paula Satchell and Terry Moran on 0151 268 8282 or email us on email@example.com. You can also fill out our contact form and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.