At Satchell Moran Solicitors, we understand that holding a driving licence, and being able to drive, can be essential both to your family life and working life.
We have a combined experience of over forty years advising and representing drivers in reapect of all offences under the Road Traffic Act, and have helped many people to keep their licences when facing disqaulification.
For example, we have assisted motorists with:
- Drink driving;
- Driving under the influence of drugs/driving while unfit through drink or drugs;
- Being drunk in charge of a vehicle;
- Dangerous/careless driving;
- Failure to stop at the scene of an accident/failure to report an accident;
- Driving without insurance;
- Penalty points/totting up;
- Special reasons;
- Exceptional hardship;
- Taxi licence appeals.
To help us provide you with the appropriate advice, we have access to trusted forensic experts who can assist with your defence.
FUNDING AND OUR FEES
To deal with a basic motoring offence such as disqualified driving, excess alcohol in your system, excess drug in your system, being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle, careless driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident, or document offences:
- Representation on a guilty plea, mitigation and exceptional hardship – £350 + VAT fixed fee;
- Representation at a trial, finding of fact hearing, or special reasons hearing – £600 + VAT fixed fee;
- The current VAT rate is 20%.
Please note that the above rates are for our representation only, and do not include costs such as expert report fees, professional witness fees, or any other third-party costs, which will be in addition to the above.
Should your case be privately funded and successfully defended then an application will be made to the court for your costs to be paid from central funds. However, even if a costs order is granted, costs can only be recovered at the current legal aid rates (which can be provided on request), and which will mean that there is an inevitable shortfall in what you will have paid, and what you will recover.
More serious motoring offences will be dealt with either by applying for a legal aid representation order, should you qualify for one, or on the basis of our full hourly rate of £165 per hour.
Please contact Mark Satchell or Paul Williams on 0151 268 8282, or email us on email@example.com, or use the contact form below to begin your journey to justice