Satchell Moran – Liverpool based solicitors

Our Services

Liverpool based solicitors providing quality legal advice throughout England and beyond.

Our Services

Action against probation services

While under the supervision of a division of the National Probation Service (NPS) or a Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC), or an agency working on behalf of either body, you have the right to make a claim for compensation if you believe you have been mistreated. Here at Satchell Moran, we can help with such claims, providing a comprehensive service that helps you to obtain any compensation to which you’re entitled.

You can make a claim if you have experienced:

  • Unlawful prison recall
  • Failed to update probation records leading to arrest and/or detention
  • Incorrect warrants or breach reports issued at Court for arrest
  • Wrongful information entered onto probation or CRC databases
  • Wilful negligence
  • Physical injury or mental distress as a consequence of the actions of another offender or staff

These are the most common causes of claims. It’s entirely possible that you have another justifiable reason to seek satisfactory recompense, which we may be able to help you with.

And if you are a relative (e.g., a parent, spouse, sibling, offspring or live-in partner) of an offender who has died while under the jurisdiction of the NPS, CRS or relevant agency, you are entitled to make a claim if you suspect wrongdoing.


We may be able to offer you a no win no fee claim.  To learn more, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.

Areas of legal expertise

At Satchell Moran, we’re ready to help with any claims that meet our criteria.  We can also offer assistance with cases pertaining to the police, the prison service, local authorities, private hospitals and coroners.

Our Public Bodies team is headed by Joanne Phillips.  For a consultation, or to learn more about our services, contact us today.